Friday 5 December 2014

3 Brush Challenge

3 Brush Challenge

This week we were asked to create a face chart design of a makeup look of our choice and only complete this look using 3 selected brushes of our choice and see how well we could work just using 3 brushes and what the outcome of the makeup design would be like. This was something fun for us to do and I really enjoyed the idea of just only being able to use 3 brushes and also proved to me that as a makeup artist you don't actually need hundreds and hundreds of brushes and that you can rely on a select few to do many different technique's with them.

For my design I choose to do I subtle evening/party look if you like as we are getting into the party season with christmas just around the corner. So i went for warm brown and gold colours with a nude shimmer lip colour.



The brushes I selected to use for this look were:

Small Round Blending Brush
Fluffy Powder Brush
Whitetip Buffing Brush


I feel the overall look turned out quite well considering we were only using 3 brushes and I am happy I chose to work with these three brushes as I think the powder brush and buffing brush are very versatile so can be used for base foundation and concealer and then for contouring, blusher and also lightly blending away any edges to the eye colour or excess product that had fallen from the eyes to the cheeks. 
I love the small rounded blending brush we get in our kits as this is also very versatile as you can use this for lip colour application, eye shadows and to blend away any harsh edges that may be visible but also specifically with the eyes you can also use this to smudge in any kohl pencil or dark eyeliner colour you are using to really help smudge in and blend around the eye area.

Here is the outcome of my design using only my 3 selected brushes. I feel I could have added my contouring and blush colour to the cheeks to give the whole look a little more warmth but overall I am pleased with how this turned out.








No comments:

Post a Comment