Friday 28 November 2014

Design Inspiration

Design Inspirations

For my final contemporary Elizabethan makeup design I have researched into high fashion catwalks that have taken the Contemporary Elizabethan style to the runway.

Pat McGrath- Alexander McQueen A/W 14

The image on the right of this picture that was for Alexander Macqueen's A/W 14 show by Pat McGrath. To me is a clear sign of Elizabethan inspiration using the technique of hiding eyebrows with what appears to be bleaching instead of blocking and gives an immediately different effect to the look and the face. In my design I decided to have the eyebrows blocked as this would show a key sign of Elizabethan history but on a contemporary scale to fit in with the rest of my design.





John Galliano A/W 2007 
Makeup- Pat McGrath
Designer- John Galliano A/W 2007

I particularly love this makeup look that is another fab piece from Pat McGrath and I think this is the image that gave me the most inspiration when it came to contouring, as you can see in my other blog post for my designs I have blusher in three different shades mixed together to lightly build up a contoured effect to the cheekbones and around the temple area, the reason I used blusher instead of shader was because the shade of red is a key sign of Elizabethan and was seen as a royal colour and expensive so would only be worn by the higher class society. I also think the blusher contour on my design immediately sets off the gold lips that I have incorporated into my design. 
The look that Pat has brought to life in this image is beautiful and there seems to be something so sophisticated about it but has a clash of innocence with the paled out skin for the base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment