Sunday 16 November 2014

Contemporary Elizabethan Final Look

Contemporary Elizabethan Final Look



Here is a face chart for what will hopefully be my final design for my Contemporary Elizabethan makeup assessment which is coming up in a couple of weeks. I will give a breakdown and details of how I would like the outcome of the design to be when applied to the face.
As you can see my design is quite subtle and minimal as I wanted to focus more on the lips and the cheeks for this design. There is a lot of gold to be seen on the face chart which I feel shows Elizabethan as gold was seen to be worn by people of higher class in society and was seen as a royal colour but also gold can also have a contemporary feel to it so I decided to think outside of the box and have the eyelashes coated in gold supra colour instead of the normal black or white. 
For the base of my makeup look I have tried a white base but I feel this look would be better if a white foundation and a hint of natural colour foundation were to be mixed together to give a paled and washed out colour not just pure white. Contouring is more of a modern thing to do in makeup so I decided to keep with the blusher is seen the be very Elizabethan but instead of just applying to the apples of the cheeks I want to gradually and lightly build up the blusher colour in a more of a shader was up and over to define the cheekbones more and then add a sweeping of highlighter under the eyes and down the nose to give more definition to the face. 
I want the eyebrows to be blocked out for my final look which will be done by using a bar or soap and water and to be built up into a paste across the eyebrow hairs and smooth them down ready for the foundation application. 
Then finally for the lips I want to use the gold supra colour again which I think makes this look very contemporary and gives it a more modern and editorial feel to the overall look. 

Products and Tools to be used:

Prep:
Cleanser
Toner
Moisturiser

Face:
Matte Primer
Illamasqua White Foundation 
Kyolan Colour Base Foundation 
Foundation Brush 
Buffing Brush
Transluscent Powder

Eyes:
Gold Supra Colour
Disposable Mascara Wands

Cheeks:
Kyrolan Blusher in R21 & 665G
Blusher Brush 

Lips:
Lip Balm
Gold Supra Colour 

No comments:

Post a Comment